Friday, June 11, 2010

Not the girl I used to be!

I used to collect shoes. I had well over 60 pairs of shoes. I looooved shoes! I had a watch that coordinated with almost every outfit. Rings, toe rings, necklaces, bracelets. Don't even get me started on all the nail polish I had!! I was BEYOND a girly girly!

Now...I have shoes gathering dust in my closet and only wear ONE pair of flip flops. The only ring I wear is my beautiful wedding ring, watch...who needs one when your cell phone tells you the time! And who has time for nail polish these days??!!

I recently told Ben that if/when we move someday I want to move to farm house. I want Chickens. I want Goats. And would LOVE a horse (or two!). I want a HUGE garden. He laughed at me, but he knows I am serious. I used to hate dirt...now I love digging in it to plant seeds, and flowers and play in the sandbox with the kids!

I titled my blog Rambling from a former Diva because I used to be a Diva! I really did. I am soooo not even close to that anymore! Look at my life...I cloth diaper, I make my own baby food, I have an herb garden, I sew, I am learning to knit, I wear my baby (all the time!), I breastfeed, co-sleep with two kids (would be all four if we had a bigger bed!), and I delivered my baby at home in a pool where I alone caught her and pulled her out! Oh yeah...and to top it all of I am now homeschooling! If you had asked me a few years ago if I would be doing any of those things...I would have laughed at you! But you know what? I feel my life now is closer to what God had intended it to be. Natural. Peaceful. Family oriented.

I love my life and I am thankful for every moment of it! And thankful that now, I collect hugs and kisses instead of shoes!

1 comment:

  1. hehe. hooray for this!
    you HAVE changed a lot since the gal i knew in high school. i've been enjoying getting re-acquainted with the "new" you.

    ReplyDelete